Help with sexing and my mystery chicken

I'm leaning cockerals on the whites do to the streamers behind the heads. The combs do not appear to have much color or size, so I can't be sure. Damp heads can look like streamers.
No they don’t have any of the things that I have used identify my black ones - I find them easier. I guess I could just leave them for a bit and see if they start making noise 🤷🏼‍♀️

As much as the comb is kind of small I’m leaning towards cockerel for the second white silkie. I’d say that silkie mix is a pullet. Based on the fact that the first white silkie has a V shaped comb, small wattles, and a not very big comb, I‘m leaning towards pullet, but she does seem to have streamers. I have heard of silkie hens with streamers, but we will see.
I do actually have the first silkies almost twin :gig

Just so you know everyone here will be making a guess, not a guarantee. Silkies are hard to sex, and you won’t know 100% until they crow or lay.

As much as the comb is kind of small I’m leaning towards cockerel for the second white silkie. I’d say that silkie mix is a pullet. Based on the fact that the first white silkie has a V shaped comb, small wattles, and a not very big comb, I‘m leaning towards pullet, but she does seem to have streamers. I have heard of silkie hens with streamers, but we will see.

Just so you know everyone here will be making a guess, not a guarantee. Silkies are hard to sex, and you won’t know 100% until they crow or lay.
That’s true. We totally thought out little Mochi was a rooster (she even started crowing!) but then she laid an egg, and she is definitely a girl. She so cute! We though she was a white silkie, but she’s a splash. Here’s a pic of our girl.
75468908-61E2-4BEF-B914-A6B346E2B391.jpeg

we actually thought she had streamers
3BDE7E5D-59DE-44BE-A56A-A147259901CC.jpeg

Thank you, I totally understand that and I’m not really in any rush with them - was just more curious if there was something obviously identifiable that I was missing! I will just wait it out for now I think.

Back
Top Bottom