Help Yellow liquid poop 💩

Feb 18, 2023
Florence NY
Teetee here I m coming to you all bec i know someone out there has rasied cream legbars. They are now 5 month old now and i noticed she was 💩 pooping
Yellow liquid and sleeping in the bottom of the nesting boxes. She has lost weight. I gave her a warm dawn bath cleaned her up. Put her in a carrying tub. Feeding her deworming in her food. She ate came bk to ck her and to see if she 💩 and to confirm it was Yellow liquid. I have all the other chickens drinking medicated water just in case. So. Now what. Is there something else i should be doing.
Thank you Teetee.

Teetee here I m coming to you all bec i know someone out there has rasied cream legbars. They are now 5 month old now and i noticed she was 💩 pooping
Yellow liquid and sleeping in the bottom of the nesting boxes. She has lost weight. I gave her a warm dawn bath cleaned her up. Put her in a carrying tub. Feeding her deworming in her food. She ate came bk to ck her and to see if she 💩 and to confirm it was Yellow liquid. I have all the other chickens drinking medicated water just in case. So. Now what. Is there something else i should be doing.
Thank you Teetee.

Attachments

• 20231001_010514.jpg
    20231001_010514.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231001_161526.jpg
    20231001_161526.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231001_161518.jpg
    20231001_161518.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231001_161456.jpg
    20231001_161456.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 13
What exactly are you feeding? Her droppings look very dark and the yellowish liquid part seem to be the urates. Her comb and wattles look as if she is dehydrated, so try to get some moist feed into her or let her have some scambled eggs.

Does she have a smell of ammonia to her? She might be suffering from salmonella or some kind of kidney disorder like an infection.

What exactly are you feeding? Her droppings look very dark and the yellowish liquid part seem to be the urates. Her comb and wattles look as if she is dehydrated, so try to get some moist feed into her or let her have some scambled eggs.

Does she have a smell of ammonia to her? She might be suffering from salmonella or some kind of kidney disorder like an infection.
Free range and feather food. And she was eatting vegetables out of the garden .corn tomatoes 🍅 i didnt get black in the yellow until i started dewormer. It was all yellow liquid stuck to her . So we started corr. in all water for all chicken. I started wet food and electrolyte yesterday. And now today started on corr. water. Eggs ok i ll start that to. She is drinking but not eatting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_144520_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_144520_Google.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 16
Free range and feather food. And she was eatting vegetables out of the garden .corn tomatoes 🍅 i didnt get black in the yellow until i started dewormer. It was all yellow liquid stuck to her . So we started corr. in all water for all chicken. I started wet food and electrolyte yesterday. And now today started on corr. water. Eggs ok i ll start that to. She is drinking but not eatting. No ammonia smell

The yellow urates seen can be a sign of liver disease. That may happen with egg yolk peritonitis, salpingitis, fatty liver disease, and cancer. The black bits of poop, I have seen with older hens with laying disorders above. How does her crop feel and is it emptying by the next morning?

The yellow urates seen can be a sign of liver disease. That may happen with egg yolk peritonitis, salpingitis, fatty liver disease, and cancer. The black bits of poop, I have seen with older hens with laying disorders above. How does her crop feel and is it emptying by the next morning?
It was empty and she lost weight. . This is the second cream legbars I have lost. The 1st one all muffed up. Didnt even make it pass a 4 month so corrid the whole flock. Ist chicken I lost in a yr in half. She was the runt. Life goes on and we all learn from our chickens. Right now I have 3 that are in total molting they look like they went though a wind tunnel. 😳 lol. Ty for helping.

Thank you Teetee.
I had a hen poop yellow the same as an egg yolk color. Swore she had an egg break inside her. She was fine. Only thing different was the consumption of way too many sunflower seeds from newly chopped sunflowers. To this day I am careful with the raw sunflower seeds! Not sure if it was the cause but she rebounded perfectly. Durable little buggers they are 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom