Help

nicb13

Hatching
Nov 6, 2020
Hi so I just came home from a long weekend my chicken was being watched..seemed great when i arrived home..laid an egg later today..now she seems in distress..totally freaking out as it is late and no avian drs available.. can she be egg bound if she laid today..could it have been from the heat of today..her rear is soiled..still eating and drinking.. but Panting, tail down, wings a bit out and seems like she’s trying to nest..just totally out of the ordinary I’m freaking out any help to get us thru the night would be great thank you

Hi so I just came home from a long weekend my chicken was being watched..seemed great when i arrived home..laid an egg later today..now she seems in distress..totally freaking out as it is late and no avian drs available.. can she be egg bound if she laid today..could it have been from the heat of today..her rear is soiled..still eating and drinking.. but Panting, tail down, wings a bit out and seems like she’s trying to nest..just totally out of the ordinary I’m freaking out any help to get us thru the night would be great thank you
Can you please post some photos?

Freaking out is not going to help anything.
Is she pooping?
How hot is it?

Doesn't sound like she's in too much distress if she's eating/drinking.
Are you interfering with her trying to go with the nesting box?

Maybe a video might be good in addition to photos. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Can you please post some photos?

Freaking out is not going to help anything.
Is she pooping?
How hot is it?

Doesn't sound like she's in too much distress if she's eating/drinking.
Are you interfering with her trying to go with the nesting box?

Maybe a video might be good in addition to photos. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
No of course may have been freaked out posting but I realize to act first panic later..just got scared with her sudden change at this hour with no available help if an emergency happened..no interference with her nesting or anything at all actually not sure what caused the obvious discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom