Help!

Mel35

Chirping
Sep 23, 2023
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Triple C Antibiotics for Ornamental birds. I have been given this from my local co-op for a sick 2 month old chick that I have. They told me to go off "Ornamental birds" and add it to water but I am having a hard time working out quantities of water & solution. I don't want to overload my baby but I don't want to under treat him either. If anyone can give me advice or dosage requirements that would be so helpful.

Cheers ✌🏼

Attachments

• 20231128_133707.jpg
    20231128_133707.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 32
Hm. These are confusing instructions! Remove unmedicated water ... but unless your bird is one of those listed,* there are no instructions for medicating the water, only for medicating the feed. That's what I'm seeing anyway. What kind of bird is it?

ETA: * Parrot, finch or pigeon

Is it 5g/kg of what the bird weighs, or 5 g/kg of bird feed? I'm not helping, I'm probably just muddying the waters.

@ChickenCanoe, can you help, or do you know who is knowledgeable about exotics? I know you're one of the best when it comes to chickens ...

Hm. These are confusing instructions! Remove unmedicated water ... but unless your bird is one of those listed,* there are no instructions for medicating the water, only for medicating the feed. That's what I'm seeing anyway. What kind of bird is it?

He is a Rhode Island White chick. Just a basic chick not exotic or even a "bird" so to speak.

Is it 5g/kg of what the bird weighs, or 5 g/kg of bird feed? I'm not helping, I'm probably just muddying the waters.

@ChickenCanoe, can you help, or do you know who is knowledgeable about exotics? I know you're one of the best when it comes to chickens ...

Thank you for trying though, it's incredibly confusing. I was listening at the co op but I don't think I took it in and im not great with maths at the best of times 😅

Back
Top Bottom