HELPPPpPpPpPpP PpP

chitlen

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
I need help please anything please my duck is very badly injured on his neck and I don’t know what to do or what it is if anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it

thumbnail_IMG_0323.png

this is the most i am able to do sorry i would of put more, and better pictures but i cant. but please do the best you can with the pictures

So, without knowing the cause or the extent of the wound, I think the best course of action will be to isolate and treat the wounds.

Isolation/treatment for shock - if you have a dog crate that you are able to put this one in, away from the flock, for some time to heal, this would be a good start. Providing heat may be a good choice as well, but keep an eye on this one to make sure they aren't overheating. I would also provide water with electrolytes, but withhold food until they start acting normal again. If they are already acting normal, food can be provided.

Treatment for wounds - it doesn't look to be actively bleeding, so I would treat with antiseptic (note, this would be livestock antiseptic, or human antiseptic that does NOT contain painkillers)

Back
Top Bottom