Hen Back feathers.

HenTea

Chirping
Apr 9, 2022
I got a few with this one. as much as I would like too, we still have not managed to off the rooster. My hens are NOT scared of him. He has bare back at least 3 of my 14 hens. 3 others have some feathers missing. The saddles I had did nothing! nor did they protect the wings. I have tried blue food colouring, suggested by a friend, no go. One of the 3 hens is starting to get a few feathers back. The others noting. High protein food. I am worried we live in a cold area and come Oct it will be cold and a chance of snow. Other posts say after the molt. I still have hens that molted last year that never got tails back! Thats my other problem! I have 2 hens that went broody and they have no belly fathers. What on earth am I going to do come winter? I cant get the hens feathers back? My flock looks like they have been beat to hell!

Oh I forgot I have one hen with no neck feathers. Whats up with that?

Oh geez, your flock sounds like mine last year. I wouldn't worry, that's what happened to mine, up their protein, and keep an eye on them. Mine did fine!
My big problem is that my dumb ass husband got 30 chicks! 30! some of witch we are going to sell. Some of the old birds we want to sell too. I dont feel like I can sell them the way the are.

Back
Top Bottom