Hen has redness in bewtween toes.

Should I clean her feet an after ward if her scales look raised after getting the dirt out what should I do?
I'd usually use bag balm rubbed up under scales to smother any mites,
but in winter some permethrin dust might be better....best to keep feet dry in cold temps.

I'd usually use bag balm rubbed up under scales to smother any mites,
but in winter some permethrin dust might be better....best to keep feet dry in cold temps.
After class well during my lunch period I'm going to bring her into my bathroom and wash her feet. I don't have a toothbrush so I'm going to use a cotton swab. wash and dry her feet. then maybe cover it with DE is that good? I don't have anything else besides this cream Blue stuff for minor injuries on hens but that would be wet.

After class well during my lunch period I'm going to bring her into my bathroom and wash her feet. I don't have a toothbrush so I'm going to use a cotton swab. wash and dry her feet. then maybe cover it with DE is that good? I don't have anything else besides this cream Blue stuff for minor injuries on hens but that would be wet.
DE won't do diddly.
Wait until you get the permethrin dust, it's good to have on hand anyway.
...and until you have plenty of time for her to dry after wetting her feet.

Surely every household has some old toothbrushes around for cleaning?
If not may be time for you to have a new one, and use the old one for the chicken feet.

Not really sure this is a 'have to do it right now' scenario.

DE won't do diddly.
Wait until you get the permethrin dust, it's good to have on hand anyway.
...and until you have plenty of time for her to dry after wetting her feet.

Surely every household has some old toothbrushes around for cleaning?
If not may be time for you to have a new one, and use the old one for the chicken feet.

Not really sure this is a 'have to do it right now' scenario.
In my house once to get something and have more of it disappears and even if we do it probably won't be a gentle brush. Were can I get permethrin dust? can I still wash her feet rn and see whats going on at least?

1607439070839.png

Is this it?

Back
Top Bottom