Hen losing Feather all over, losing weight, not eating much,,,what is it?!

What's her diet?
Don't use d.e around you or your birds, it's a respiratory irritant.
I was told to put down d.e. in there food as a dewormer. ugh! Molting hard started afterwards, and I have what was the top of the pecking order hen, now skinny and running for cover. I'm keeping her separated from the flock all day and putting her with them at night because she's willing to hide to her death. 😰
I am hoping she's getting better every day but I'm here to get any advice.

I was told to put down d.e. in there food as a dewormer. ugh! Molting hard started afterwards, and I have what was the top of the pecking order hen, now skinny and running for cover. I'm keeping her separated from the flock all day and putting her with them at night because she's willing to hide to her death. 😰
I am hoping she's getting better every day but I'm here to get any advice.
That's a common fallacy, DE won't work for worming at all. Or for external parasites.
I would get a higher protein feed, cat food isn't a long term solution and deworm her with safe guard. Ivermectin is loosing efficacy for internal parasites.
Can you get a picture of her skin?

I'd also not use water to clean out their coop anymore but that's not causing your problems.

That's a common fallacy, DE won't work for worming at all. Or for external parasites.
I would get a higher protein feed, cat food isn't a long term solution and deworm her with safe guard. Ivermectin is loosing efficacy for internal parasites.
Can you get a picture of her skin?

I'd also not use water to clean out their coop anymore but that's not causing your problems.
20231021_123051.jpg

Thanks for your reply here she is..

She's in the final stage of molt, her feathers should be fully in within 2 weeks. Pretty girl.
Thank you, I hope she regains some status as she is terrified to rejoin the other girls and she was my top mean girl. I'll never secretly hope a mean mama gets a little of her own medicine ever again. This has been rough. 💖

Thank you, I hope she regains some status as she is terrified to rejoin the other girls and she was my top mean girl. I'll never secretly hope a mean mama gets a little of her own medicine ever again. This has been rough. 💖
Try separating the jerk out for a few days, it may know her down a peg two.

Back
Top Bottom