Hen or rooster

In your first pic, I see a few male traits.
I see some narrow pointy saddle feathers showing up (see arrow). The curved tail feather above that can be a clue (but not definitive at this age). The comb appears pretty wide in one pic. In my experience, male EE tend to be a bit later in coloring up, so the comb isn’t as red as some other breeds might be at 12 weeks. And the neck/cape feathers appear to be fairly slender and pointy.
819FFC95-EB70-44F3-9501-E131B51F4448.jpeg

I see some narrow pointy saddle feathers showing up (see arrow). The curved tail feather above that can be a clue (but not definitive at this age). The comb appears pretty wide in one pic. In my experience, male EE tend to be a bit later in coloring up, so the comb isn’t as red as some other breeds might be at 12 weeks. And the neck/cape feathers appear to be fairly slender and pointy.
View attachment 3217092
That's not the saddle feathers but I'm sure you know that they are on their back.

View attachment 3217092

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom