Hen sleeps in corner

RebelFord81

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2023
Windham, Ohio
Anyone else ever had an issue with a hen sleeping on the floor in the corner rather then then roosting bar? There's plenty of room for everyone she used to roost on the bar and all the sudden she prefers the corner of the coop on the floor

Anyone else ever had an issue with a hen sleeping on the floor in the corner rather then then roosting bar? There's plenty of room for everyone she used to roost on the bar and all the sudden she prefers the corner of the coop on the floor
I have 9 and they all insist on smashing themselves into a corner on the sand floor. I’ve tried everything to get them to roost to no avail. They fight and cry and carry on for 20 minutes every evening to get the best spot I guess. Yet they sit on the roosts every morning after they eat. I’m hoping when it starts to get really cold here (-25 almost every night for a couple months) they will roost because there is a sweeter heater above the roosts. Otherwise I give up. 🤞🏼🤷‍♀️

Plenty of roosting space 🙄 she chooses the corner behind the nesting boxes 🤦🏼‍♀️
20230807_200121.jpg

I'm having the same problem! My hens plus 1 rooster are 20 weeks. I have a coop with sand on the floor. Every one is in a pile in the corner each night. There is plenty of roosting space at various heights. I've placed several on the roost at night, but they just hop down. Any suggestions? Or just let them do their thing and stop worrying about it?

I'm having the same problem! My hens plus 1 rooster are 20 weeks. I have a coop with sand on the floor. Every one is in a pile in the corner each night. There is plenty of roosting space at various heights. I've placed several on the roost at night, but they just hop down. Any suggestions? Or just let them do their thing and stop worrying about it?
My pullets were doing that a few still are but as they're getting older more and more are going on the bar at night. They'll figure it out lol

Back
Top Bottom