Hen Squeaking?

Chicken6000

Chirping
May 10, 2023
Austin, Texas
Recently my Bantam has been sounding like a duck, or a squeaky toy, She has been acting a bit weird lately, not sure If it my mind. She has been a bit less active, she doesn't run much when I bring treats, she doesn't eat a whole lot when she's near the food stations, she has been good on water, a bit inactive on food. what could be wrong with her? One thing I would like to point out Is that my other chicken, a rooster accidently jumped on her when he was jumping down from a chair. Please I just want to know If she Is okay and If it can go away.

is she shaking her head when she does it?.. sometimes when it’s extra dusty they will do this and it goes away but if it persists, a mycoplasma bacterial infection, adenovirus or coryza would be my worries.
No she doesn't shake her head, their area is clean, we clean it almost daily, but I did notice that when she is excited, like when I bring mealworms, she squeaks, during the day not really

I cant post videos on my computer, one thing I will say though, I did hear that at some point In a chickens life, they will sound like ducks.
Yes, when their voices change at the end of 'chickhood', between peeping and clucking.
How old is she, in weeks?

is she shaking her head when she does it?.. sometimes when it’s extra dusty they will do this and it goes away but if it persists, a mycoplasma bacterial infection, adenovirus or coryza would be my worries.
Apologizes for the late response, turns out that she was just in a sassy mood, she is healthy and doing well! I also did research and some owners end up having some duck sounding chickens

Back
Top Bottom