Hen with full crop and acting odd

jsam08

Chirping
Apr 22, 2020
I have a 1.5 y/o hen that started to act different 5 days ago. Yesterday morning and this morning her crop was not empty, it feels like playdough. She has been drinking, and will eat eggs. Her poop is egg white consistency. She will walk with the rest of the flock and pretend to peck at the ground, but prefers to keep to herself puffed up. She has lost weight. I started a dose of corid, and gave a dose of miconazole.

Anything else I can try?

I have a 1.5 y/o hen that started to act different 5 days ago. Yesterday morning and this morning her crop was not empty, it feels like playdough. She has been drinking, and will eat eggs. Her poop is egg white consistency. She will walk with the rest of the flock and pretend to peck at the ground, but prefers to keep to herself puffed up. She has lost weight. I started a dose of corid, and gave a dose of miconazole.

Anything else I can try?
Only had this issue once, but I held her and gently massaged her crop, then hand fed her a meat juice syringeful of yogurt. She lapped it up! Then I put her beak into the smallest waterer with organic ACV, she drank while I held her! She came out of it in couple hours. If I recall, I cut down on their snacks.Hope she's okay.

I can get her crop to empty when I massage it, but then it just expands again. Would that mean it's sour? I don't feel anything hard or lumpy in it.

I treated with corid, miconazole, and did a safeguard treatment for wormson. Her crop was emptying in the morning, and poop was back to normal. Now for the past few days her crop has been not completely empty in the morning, and her poop is brown mush - not formed, but not quite liquid diarrhea. Still eats and drinks and acts fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I treated with corid, miconazole, and did a safeguard treatment for wormson. Her crop was emptying in the morning, and poop was back to normal. Now for the past few days her crop has been not completely empty in the morning, and her poop is brown mush - not formed, but not quite liquid diarrhea. Still eats and drinks and acts fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I sorry no one could help on this case. How did she go?

I sorry no one could help on this case. How did she go?
I did another 7 days of corid treatment. I did the original 7, but didn't realize I should've followed up with a 7 day preventative dose after that, also. She was back to normal after the 2nd treatment.

I did another 7 days of corid treatment. I did the original 7, but didn't realize I should've followed up with a 7 day preventative dose after that, also. She was back to normal after the 2nd treatment.
Thank goodness! What a lucky girl! I am glad she is doing better!

Back
Top Bottom