Hens right?

I swore my asshole bird was a rooster, even the comb and wattles were massive (she is now very nice and calm. still very curious and opinionated. still a jerk to other birds though at certain times) she was always very daring. she's VERY large for a buff. She laid an egg before everyone else, a whole two months sooner. her hatchmade just laid her first egg yesterday, and is in the box currently.

all the other birds are pullets though :)

congrats!
Same here with my "rooster" yesterday! She's pretty big with a large comb and wattle and we were so sure she was a rooster! I had no idea some hens make loud sounds before they lay so we though she was trying to crow!:lau Turns out she was a girl all along and laid her first egg yesterday and another one today! Nugget and Sonic haven't started laying yet even though we got them all at the same time! So excited for their future eggs though. :wee

Same here with my "rooster" yesterday! She's pretty big with a large comb and wattle and we were so sure she was a rooster! I had no idea some hens make loud sounds before they lay so we though she was trying to crow!:lau Turns out she was a girl all along and laid her first egg yesterday and another one today! Nugget and Sonic haven't started laying yet even though we got them all at the same time! So excited for their future eggs though. :wee

This was my suspect.
My girl baaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaa-with a little bit of a brrrrr at times when they see me. She’s a big fan of the patio door. She’s very vocal when she lays an egg before she gets out of the nesting box proudly saying she’s laid an egg which then all other 11 ladies like to join in!

Aren’t chickens fun? 🤣

Attachments

• FAE22962-FAC3-4C31-9854-47C07E2B9849.jpeg
    FAE22962-FAC3-4C31-9854-47C07E2B9849.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom