Hey Everyone!

HandsomeBuff

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 29, 2007
Hey folks,
So I just joined and I am excited as all get up about this Chicken adventure I have set out on. So a little background first, I work at a special day school for kids with behavior problems and we decided to start a hands on agriscience programs, so aside for the fact that I was hired to teach computers, I am now incharge of our Avian program. We have a total of 24 birds. 21 hens and 3 Roosters, and I love my kids..haha. We have quiet the group of birds as well, Rhode Island and N.H. Reds, Ameracunas, Black Stars, Sliverlaced Wyandottes, White Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Buff Minorca (my Man), Black Minorca, Black Australorps, and the only issue right now is that our Rhodey Rooster is less then friendly, which he was one of the friendliest. So one of our girls laid her first egg on friday and I didn't realize even after readign everything, how exciting it is when you get your first egg!! Just wanted to introduce myself, I'll have plenty of stories and questions I'm sure!!
big_smile.png

Welcome!!!
There's a few ways to get Rhodie to settle down. One is to carry him around with you upside down while you do your chicken chores. Another one is to hold him on the ground until he stops struggling. It could be that he's just coming into his "roosterhood" and has hormones going every which way...sort of sounds like my son...
wink.png

Those first eggs are like Christmas and your birthday combined. My little Silky mix has been laying every day but 2. And I'm anticipating my old lady Leghorn to start any time now too...

Back
Top Bottom