Hi i have a kaya cambell female duck and her wing is just droopy.

Duckyman1234

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
All day yesterday she was fine and the night too then the next morning her wing is just drooping and not sure if it'd broken or she got attacked by a rat or mouse.

Cause the small door that leads outside has chew marks on it I patched it up with metal just now..

I don't think it's broken cause I felt in and around her wings and she didn't bite or do anything so I take it isn't broken.

But why is it drooping or droopy looking. She can't move flap it tho. And that one wing is kinda shaking.

Can a rat or mouse cause her to have a drooping wing?

Also there's no blood.

I have no idea what could of happend

Any idea?

Last edited:
Pix would certainly help. The fact that it’s “shaking” makes me think it’s a pain response. Some ducks can be very stoic.... so she might not have reacted but If she’s ok with being caught (without freaking out and risking further injury), I’d pick her up again and carefully feel the bones in her wings.

She also could have a soft tissue problem. Like an injury from mating or, or...

How old is she?
How many ducks do you have?
How big is your coop?
How big is your run?

If you can’t take her to a vet, and don’t find anything indicative of a break, I’d personally separate her for a few days (at least) to let her rest and give you the ability to monitor her more closely....

I haven’t had that issue w my ducks.... my greatest wing issue to date has been turkeys that fight and break blood feathers. Which has been not fun to say the least. (NOT challenging the universe lol, only reporting facts)

Since Miss Lydia is already tagged in here, @azygous @R2elk may also have more ideas for us.

Pix would certainly help. The fact that it’s “shaking” makes me think it’s a pain response. Some ducks can be very stoic.... so she might not have reacted but If she’s ok with being caught (without freaking out and risking further injury), I’d pick her up again and carefully feel the bones in her wings.

She also could have a soft tissue problem. Like an injury from mating or, or...

How old is she?
How many ducks do you have?
How big is your coop?
How big is your run?

If you can’t take her to a vet, and don’t find anything indicative of a break, I’d personally separate her for a few days (at least) to let her rest and give you the ability to monitor her more closely....

I haven’t had that issue w my ducks.... my greatest wing issue to date has been turkeys that fight and break blood feathers. Which has been not fun to say the least. (NOT challenging the universe lol, only reporting facts)

Since Miss Lydia is already tagged in here, @azygous @R2elk may also have more ideas for us.
Na don't
Think it was broken cause I felt around and no response but I'll take a pic of it later today.

But I'm starting to think it was a rat cause the small doort that leads to there outside pen had chew marks on the outside of it. Is it possible that a rat got in and bit her and did no blood?

Also the males don't mate with her alot so I can cross that out.

Age idk but not as long as others I had before.

So my guess either a rat scared her and she some how broke it or rat got in and bit her and just did tenden damage idk

Other then that she walks with the others fine and goes in pool swimming. She just can't flap it

Just checked on her and she seems to be doing a little better she's has it up a little bit but still shaking a little.
So ya guessed it was. Just a rat

Back
Top Bottom