Hi there soon to be chicken raisers in Parker, Co!

joehuckaby

Hatching
Mar 25, 2017
Parker, CO
Hey everyone!

My name is Joe and my wife and I just moved to Parker a few weeks ago. We are excited to start this journey of raising chickens. I am working to put together everything and after chatting with my wife she would prefer to get Hens that can go directly into a coop vs raising chicks. Does anyone have any advice on the best place around Parker to buy Chickens that are already old enough to be in a coop? Also preference on breed/hybrids for Colorado weather? We are looking to get 4-6 chickens and I am thinking we want to get some Amercauna (Easter eggers) and maybe a couple other good egg layers that are docile. We have a 3 year old that loves feeding the chickens at one of his best friends house and we want him to be able to engage with the birds on a daily basis :)

Thanks for the thoughts and as soon as I get to question about coops in colorado I will hit you all up again!

Best!

-Joe

welcome-byc.gif
, look up you members state and you may find more information that you are looking for. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom