Hinged roost bars

I find this super easy to keep the coop clean. Once or twice a week I scrape the poop off the roost bars into the trays then lift the roost bars out of the way and use a water hose to clean the poop trays. If the concrete pad or the plastic on the walls has any poop I clean it also with the water hose.
The concrete pad has a swale in the middle and is also sloped to the drain pit outside the coop.
Just a super easy way to clean the coop without a lot of work.

I find this super easy to keep the coop clean. Once or twice a week I scrape the poop off the roost bars into the trays then lift the roost bars out of the way and use a water hose to clean the poop trays. If the concrete pad or the plastic on the walls has any poop I clean it also with the water hose.
The concrete pad has a swale in the middle and is also sloped to the drain pit outside the coop.
Hope this is a better pic of the tray slope.
My trays are are 12 1/2 wide. 3" in front of the bar and 6" behind the bar and a 3 1/2" bar for a total of 12 1/2"

Attachments

• IMG20210730095139.jpg
    IMG20210730095139.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 6
I left the roost bars raised and the kids jumped up in the trays and walked on them. The were bent to all to hell. I installed some galvanized angle just to represent the trays for the pics

I should add that I scoop up some sand from the floor and put a fine layer on the poop trays and concrete pad to keep the poop from sticking

Back
Top Bottom