Holding in an egg

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
Well sort of. Sally my nh red insists on laying her eggs in the coop my broody hen Luna is in..she is laying on some fertile eggs. Luna would get out once a day to eat water and dust bath and Sally my nh red would go in the nesting area and plop out an egg and leave
Luna would go back go oh a gift for me let me tuck that under myself

Well Lunas coop got shut up the other day so she could be blocked off from the others as time was near for the actual fertile eggs to hatch. Today is actually day 21

So Sally has been going insane trying to get in to lay. She Doesnt sleep in that coop
She is going back and forth back and forth up on it down etc
Making her noises

So i read maybe she just needs some privacy to lay. She does share the coop/nesting area with 4 ducks and my other 2 chickens . but they are all in the pen all day not in the coop

So i made her some privacy curtains and the .Put her in the box. She seems interests she was digging away at thr hay but a few min later she got out .
So i was thinking maybe she needs something a little bigger as she is a larger breed than my bantams
So i went and made a nest out of a bin
And she seemed to like that dug around looked like she was getting comfy and the few min later she left

Well she seems uncomfortable she hasn't laid in a week she a regular later. She will follow me in the coop while i was in the and just lay on the floor. Until i leave then she would follow me. Shes been following me or watching me lately every time i go into the coop
I just dont want her to be uncomfortable i can tell she really wants to lay but she is being super picky

She did manage to get new curtains..a new nesting box and a new roost out of me today i made today

Ahh i hope they know how much i love them

Any suggestions or should i just see of she finally gets used to the new nesting boxes?
Thanks

Here she is checking out the privacy box

20180802_171858.jpg

Here is the bigger nesting box
20180802_184930.jpg

Back
Top Bottom