Homemade no spill chick feeder (that works)

I've only used crumble in it, if it's extra dusty and humid it can plug up.
Another note that is not in the article, might want to use tubing that is larger than 1/2" dia,
one bird can still dig up a pile and drag it out of the feeder.
I haven't experimented with a solution for that.
Hi Aart,
thanks again for your response and advise. One more question, for young chicks (RIR, Buff Orp, Barred rock and Australor), about 7 weeks old, is the depth of 3” (from the floor to the opening in the bucket) appropriate?

Hi Aart,
thanks again for your response and advise. One more question, for young chicks (RIR, Buff Orp, Barred rock and Australor), about 7 weeks old, is the depth of 3” (from the floor to the opening in the bucket) appropriate?
I have different feeders for the chicks.
Can't remember how old they are before they can use the main feeder.

I have different feeders for the chicks.
Can't remember how old they are before they can use the main feeder.
Thanks aart. That makes sense. I have to observe closely my chicks and decide how high from the floor the opening on the bucket can be. Of hand I would say it could be about 1.5”.
I will make another feeder (just a new 5 gallon bucket) when they become full grown (in size) and reuse the internal parts.

Have a good day.

Thanks aart. That makes sense. I have to observe closely my chicks and decide how high from the floor the opening on the bucket can be. Of hand I would say it could be about 1.5”.
I will make another feeder (just a new 5 gallon bucket) when they become full grown (in size) and reuse the internal parts.

Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom