Hoop coop questions

Quote:
OMG you just saved my life. I was just about to build a whole new summer coop for my meat birds... but guess what- I have an unused swing set right by my coop! I'm so doing this... I may have to expand it to fit ten birds, but it seems a lot more do-able than what I was going to do!

Yeah, I was planning on using it as a breeder pen for my "Fuzzys", but then I started to hatch some chicks, then the 2 hens went broody....... so right now it's a grow out pen for the chicks. Sr Fuzzybottom is all alone right now, poor thing,
lol.png

I was going to just buy a screen door, but I couldn't find a light/metal one for less than $30, so we made it out of PVC instead.

Oh this is good, I am just getting started in chickens and looked at the photos of coops on here and panicked. A friend recommended that I check out this thread and am I glad I did. The swing-set coop will be perfect for me, I can add on if needed at a later date.

Thanks
Samantha

I have built a few of these hoop coops, but they are hard to sell.
People like them, but they are will to pay you for your time or materials

The first one I built, I took down our family swimming pool and used the the side wall as roofing material, enclosing about 38 inch X 48 inch wide.
pole barn metal work well to, but you will have seal up all the end spaces with sealer.
3/4 plastic PVC works the best. Its very fexiable and strong. I prefer to the Gray PVC pipe used for electrical wiring because its UV protected
against sun light. White PVC will brake down and become hard and brittle over time.
I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom