Horse been lame for 2 months

Thanks so much! We are pretty sure its just the arthritis in her elbow since its pretty severe. The X-rays showed her bones to be jagged and rough instead of smooth like they should be. There are several factors that I'm sure can make it worse, cold weather, kicking at other horses, standing in a weird position to eat hay etc. She also figured out how to stick her leg (of course the bad one) through the gate and lift the big heavy gate off the hinges with only her leg. Shes on the top of the totem pole so she bosses everyone around. Her favorite thing to do when playing or fighting or while someone is riding her is to rear....and I'm sure the landings are rough on her leg. She'll do what she wants......I can try to help where I can but I can't stop her from being a horse. :confused:lol. I've worked with horses with navicular before and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have it. This seems different. Thanks so much for the imput!
Alrighty! I just hadn't been certain from your previous post, sorry about that! Really glad to hear you've figured it out, and sorry to hear she's got that. I can imagine it's hard if not impossible to keep her from being her silly normal self like that. I'm glad she's still enjoying life and being horse, and best wishes to you and her! :)

Back
Top Bottom