Hovabator Incubator Humidity

funonahonda

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Central Ohio
I have the Hova Bator incubator and it came with a plastic tray to put the water in, and it said for incubating just fill the center troth with water and for hatching fill both troths, but the humidity is only
about 47% how can I raise the humidity?

are you in lockdown now? if not, IMO 47% is just fine, maybe a tinge high. i have 2 hovabators now, a 1588 (which is mine) and a 1583 (which i'm borrowing from someone). all my eggs are in lockdown in the older model. but they spent days 1-17 in my 1588 and i just kept the center trough filled and the humidity was stable at about 42% (ish) and i only had to fill the trough about every 3 days with about a cup of very warm water. i've got 2 troughs filled in the older model (the center trough and a trough around the perimeter)....i tried to fill the 2 troughs in the middle, but the humidity shot up too high (for my liking)....so i dumped all the water out, dried it really good....added warm water to the center trough and then added water to one of the troughs around the perimeter of the bator (which was smaller) and my humidity has been stable at 59%. i also have a glass bowl with a sponge in it right under the vent hole that i can add water to if it drops too low, or if i want to up my humidity.

What day of incubation are you on? That makes a huge difference.
Is your hygrometer calibrated?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom