How can I tell if my gosling has died or not before hatching out?

Do I still need to keep putting water on it to help with humidity or anything?
No, the hen should provide enough humidity. She should hopefully stay on the egg instead of taking breaks the last few days, to keep it warm and moist. I can't remember if you mentioned it or not, but do you know exactly how far along it is?

No, the hen should provide enough humidity. She should hopefully stay on the egg instead of taking breaks the last few days, to keep it warm and moist. I can't remember if you mentioned it or not, but do you know exactly how far along it is?
If I had to guess I would say at least between 3-4 weeks, but I guess it’s farther along because it’s started the process for hatching

Also, I’m thinking that he/she has pipped internally finally, cause I can see a silhouette and it looks different. If I’m hearing the pecking noise, that’s the gosling pecking the shell right? If it hadn’t picked through the membrane yet, it would have a different sound right? This sounds more like hitting fingernails against a countertop.

Back
Top Bottom