Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Hello everyone..

And just wanna share this with all my friends here too
Have a new 1 week old Nigerian goat ...just had to share ...Our new Bouchi
2011-05-09074503.jpg

Okay so two days ago I found an egg laying in the ground in the corner..ice cold..I grabbed it and put it in the bator anyways..lol

Okay so last night I noticed peahen laying in the same corner when all others were up in their tree. Today, just now see peahen walking around the pen..not near her egg

Does that mean she plans on not sitting on it? Do I go in a nd swipe it up and run it to the bator?

Curious?

Maybe I should move her crate. Iw to that corner and fill it with hay? Crate is on other side but filled with pine shavings..maybe she doesn't like pine shavings?

And I have no idea if the eggs are fertile or not..but heck I should swipe and put in bator right?

If the egg is fertile how long does it take for it no longer to be viable?, meaning momma off it? An hour? Several...etc

Thank u all

Last edited:
Oh okay so they don't just sit on them right away..so the one I found and put in the bator..then could still be fine?

That's so cool

So I can just collect them for a week..where do I store them? And then just place 5 in the bator in a week or so? Just double checking
And thank u for your advise
Xoxox

Also incubate for 28 days..what temp..99.8??

Last edited:
I keep mine in the basement and turn them everyday. I incubate them about every 8 days. I have a decent hatch rate. 70% but only about a 60% survival rate.

Back
Top Bottom