How do i tell if she pregnant??

Redneckbunnyboo

Hatching
Jan 19, 2024
Hi, I just wanted to know if the baby I got is pregnant or not, I’ve never had goats. the guy we bought her from said she was but we have had her since the beginning of January and he said she had a good few weeks left I personally don't think she is but I also don't know what I'm looking for.
1000013853.jpg

Doesn't look pregnant to me, but it could be early. Perhaps he meant a few weeks bred. Gestation is 5 months. So you should know by May. Watch for mammary development and any discharge.

She doesn't look pregnant to me but that doesn't mean much. Do you have any information about when she was last exposed to a buck? Goats won't show much until the last two months. Keep an eye on the rear udder where it joins the body. Changes in the udder due to pregnancy will be seen first here.

She doesn't look pregnant to me but that doesn't mean much. Do you have any information about when she was last exposed to a buck? Goats won't show much until the last two months. Keep an eye on the rear udder where it joins the body. Changes in the udder due to pregnancy will be seen first here.
Thank you I appreciate it.

I don't have much Information on it, I asked my husband to reach out to see but he's a trucker so he hasn't had much time. This is what she looks like now she's more pink which I'm guessing means she's in heat or some sort.

Attachments

• 20240221_085303.jpg
    20240221_085303.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 4
I don't have much Information on it, I asked my husband to reach out to see but he's a trucker so he hasn't had much time. This is what she looks like now she's more pink which I'm guessing means she's in heat or some sort.
Goats in heat flag their tails and will usually have a clear discharge.

Back
Top Bottom