How do raccoons get in coops and pens to kill?

Quote:
I was getting ready to ask about these myself. Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the picture. I'm building my run/gates now. Gotta get me some of those.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was getting ready to ask about these myself. Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the picture. I'm building my run/gates now. Gotta get me some of those.

No problem! Thanks for going to the trouble of thanking me!!!!!
lol.png

So I guess two cinder blocks isn't secure enough to keep the barn door closed? I guess I've been very lucky. The block of wood that the lock is attached to rotted in half and I haven't replaced it. Guess that's what I'll be doing this evening!

ok coons are very clever animals and they have opposable thumbs ust like us:he
so thy can untwist comman chicken wire and go right in. so get a door on to put over where th chickens go out to the run,(if you have one) and lock them up every night .
old.gif

Last edited:
Amethyste, wow, thanks for the info on coon attacks - I had no idea they would attack during the day - we just had a night attack (the door was not secured) but i thought they were safe during the day when they free range in our fenced orchard. Guess we need to reinforce everything :|

Mickschicks

Back
Top Bottom