How do you know when to give up hope? Brinsea bator broke yesterday

Yolker

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 4, 2010
I posted about this earlier. I transferred to new bator and they were peeping in their shells last night, but no peeping today at all. Someone said that they might stop peeping while pipping, but so far no pips, either. And no wobbling.

Today is day 22. How long should I wait before giving up and discarding eggs?

about 30 minutes, but the rest of the day was spent trying to keep them warm in sm bathroom with heatlamp, steam humidifier while I worked on Brinsea. I eventually got it to work, but it had to be monitored and adjusted every 5 minutes by my daughter while I ran out to get the only replacement I could find, which was a Hova bator. They were still peeping last night after they were put into Hova.

oh god! that's amazing they came out! I'm worried because I have not heard a single peep all day. did you still hear peeping just before they started to pip?

Quote:
I think they do a lot less peeping when they're getting ready to hatch. Hatching is hard work and I think they try to conserve their energy for the real work of breaking out of that shell!

Keep us posted!
fl.gif

thank you. I don't think i have the calm temperament required for incubating chicks. I'd make a terrible hen.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom