How do you treat a chicken with scaly leg if their scared of you?

Jimmyjonee

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2022
All 3 of my isa browns have scaly leg and I am currently treating 2 of them because the other one won’t let me get near them. How do I get the chicken to trust me before the scaly leg gets worse?

:goodpost:

This is the advice I was given long ago.

I do all care off the roosts at night or, if I need daylight for something instead of my headlamp and phone camera flash, I take the bird off the roost and put her into a dog crate overnight so that I can get hold of her in the morning and work with

I do all care off the roosts at night or, if I need daylight for something instead of my headlamp and phone camera flash, I take the bird off the roost and put her into a dog crate overnight so that I can get hold of her in the morning and work with her.
Thank you for the tips.

I do all care off the roosts at night or, if I need daylight for something instead of my headlamp and phone camera flash, I take the bird off the roost and put her into a dog crate overnight so that I can get hold of her in the morning and work with her.
I don't like working on mine at night but I never thought of putting them in a crate and doing it later! Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom