How long can my duckling stay in the incubator?

Pinguanddibdab

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Hello, just had a duckling hatch a few hours ago and he is still in the incubator fluffing up. I have had a really bad hatch and unfortunately he is a lone duckling (I am picking up some friends for him day after tomorrow).

How long can I leave him in the incubator? I will have to set my heat lamp and everything up tomorrow morning for him but he was two days early and I havnt picked up any chick crumb yet.

Will he be okay without food until 12 tomorrow? I shall give him water but shall have to pick up chick crumb tomorrow morning.

Thank you x

Hello, just had a duckling hatch a few hours ago and he is still in the incubator fluffing up. I have had a really bad hatch and unfortunately he is a lone duckling (I am picking up some friends for him day after tomorrow).

How long can I leave him in the incubator? I will have to set my heat lamp and everything up tomorrow morning for him but he was two days early and I havnt picked up any chick crumb yet.

Will he be okay without food until 12 tomorrow? I shall give him water but shall have to pick up chick crumb tomorrow morning.

Thank you x
Only leave your duckling for 24 hours max in the incubator, after this time period he will start to become weak, so it is not advised to leave them in for longer. In the future always organise your brooder set-up before hatching. Best of luck with your new duckling.

Only leave your duckling for 24 hours max in the incubator, after this time period he will start to become weak, so it is not advised to leave them in for longer. In the future always organise your brooder set-up before hatching. Best of luck with your new duckling.
I was going to set it up tomorrow but my little duckling hatched on days 24

Back
Top Bottom