How long do peacocks live?

Oh boy, now I am worried that 20 is not enough. It feels as if the peacock has become my soulmate, like the demons people had in Golden Compass movie.
Well thank you, if any of you have peacocks that are 40 years, let me know.
If you want a soul mate bird get an African Grey Timneh. They live about 50 years and talk as well as a Congo which is a little larger. We have had ours since weaned and is 22 now and says over 200 phrases. They do not repeat words after you say them, that's a myth. She will say things at what is an appropriate time for her. Examples, when she first sees you in the morning she says Good morning, never again all day. Around 9:30 at night she will say Time to go nite nite. If I don't cover her cage she imitates me snoring.

If you want a soul mate bird get an African Grey Timneh. They live about 50 years and talk as well as a Congo which is a little larger. We have had ours since weaned and is 22 now and says over 200 phrases. They do not repeat words after you say them, that's a myth. She will say things at what is an appropriate time for her. Examples, when she first sees you in the morning she says Good morning, never again all day. Around 9:30 at night she will say Time to go nite nite. If I don't cover her cage she imitates me snoring.

That is how our African Gray Congos are. They have forgotten more in the last thirty years than they currently say. The dialing of the phone and mock phone conversations are the funniest thing ever!

Oh boy, now I am worried that 20 is not enough. It feels as if the peacock has become my soulmate, like the demons people had in Golden Compass movie.
Well thank you, if any of you have peacocks that are 40 years, let me know.
We inherited a peacock when we bought our farm and he is at least 32 years old. He free ranges with the chickens and roosts on top of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom