How long from pip to zip?

Momto6kiddos

Chirping
Feb 5, 2020
Florida
I know that it can take from 24-36 hours from pip to hatch, but what about from pip to zip? I have multiple eggs that have pipped today but egg #5 did a small pip last night sometime and then another larger pip in a different area overnight (sometime after midnight). It's been rocking all day but no further progress. It's only day 17 so I'm not worried or anything. I'm just curious how long, on average, from pip to zip. What are your personal experiences?

Don't worry.
It can take 24 hours plus.

They are fine....leave them be.

They pip then they take 24-36 hours to absorb the remains of their yolk as well as the blood that's been flowing through the membrane, and only once that's achieved do they progress to unzipping and that should only take around an hour. Good luck with your hatch! I've got some quail incubating (haven't incubated in at least 2 years) so I'm excited.

They pip then they take 24-36 hours to absorb the remains of their yolk as well as the blood that's been flowing through the membrane, and only once that's achieved do they progress to unzipping and that should only take around an hour. Good luck with your hatch! I've got some quail incubating (haven't incubated in at least 2 years) so I'm excited.

Good luck with your hatch too! I've got 13/21 hatched so far!

Back
Top Bottom