How many is too many roosters?

hotrod71

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Right now i currently have 4 rir and i think that 3 are roosters. I have two bantams and one is a roo and the other a hen. My coup I am building is 8x10 with a 8x10 covered yard. Can anyone tell me how many roosters is the max for a coup like this?

With my understanding I don't think that it matters what size of coop you have, but it matters how many hens you have. My guess would be you would need more hens if you have three roos.

Quote:
Don't worry, you're not alone. I have a major problem that is going to result in building another coop. I have 15 roos and 14 hens! They are getting older and more into hormones each day so I am going to be up to my eyeballs in it before its done. I'll never do strait runs or packing peanuts again, lol

vortec

Two can be too many.
lau.gif
I have a pair of brothers that tag team my hens. I have to keep one shut up till I can get rid of him.

Your best bet is to keep just one rooster. Two or more will fight or beat the hens up pretty good. Good Luck,, Woody

I have 2 roos bunking together
and they get along fine, no hens to fightover
and they eat out of my hand.
But have 1 roo with 5 hens together that have been giveing me chx and eggs, but have 5hens coming in to their own soon
that I hatched..and will add them to the flock ..
also may have a few more roos in the other 3 brooders any one
need some roos... .LoL

Back
Top Bottom