How many quail hutches?

Luna bean

Chirping
Feb 23, 2022
Southern Indiana
I just got our incubator last night and Im looking into building hutches from Slightly Redneck hutch plans that he has on you tube. How many should I build? Should I make at least 2 or is one good enough? Im hoping to have only 10 birds max for starters and then hatch our own eggs once they start producing.

Well do the math- I can't remember his dimensions for the hutch, what are they? And it's one or two square feet per bird.

You will hear people say as many as 3 birds/square foot. This is for commercial breeders who are after quantity rather than quality of life. If you are more concerned with being humane to your birds, you want to give them at least 1 square foot/bird, more is better.

I just got our incubator last night and Im looking into building hutches from Slightly Redneck hutch plans that he has on you tube. How many should I build? Should I make at least 2 or is one good enough? Im hoping to have only 10 birds max for starters and then hatch our own eggs once they start producing.
Build 3.

Back
Top Bottom