How Much Do I Feed My Chickens?

Bella the Chicken Lover

Come to Jesus, Where All is Love
Feb 13, 2023
The Avengers Tower
Hi! I have some longhorns, Wyandottes, Sussex, and Rhode Island Red chickens, and I want to know, how much do I feed them? I don't want to overfeed them, but I don't want to overfeed them. How much does each chicken get? I'd appreciate answers, thank you!

I usually give mine about 3/4 cup of dry crumble each, and wet it down in their dish. Some days they eat less of it, and some days (especially in winter) I give them more. I feed them in the morning and if they have eaten all their food by end of day, I'll offer a little bedtime snack :)

Chickens don’t over eat like dogs do so just give them their feed in a feeder and they’ll eat only what they need. Mine free feed on their dry feed throughout the day. I just fill up two rubber bowls with feed and there’s usually some left at the end of the day that I then store away for the night. No matter how much feed you put in front of chickens they won’t overeat!

I usually give mine about 3/4 cup of dry crumble each, and wet it down in their dish. Some days they eat less of it, and some days (especially in winter) I give them more. I feed them in the morning and if they have eaten all their food by end of day, I'll offer a little bedtime snack :)
Okay! Thank you!

Chickens don’t over eat like dogs do so just give them their feed in a feeder and they’ll eat only what they need. Mine free feed on their dry feed throughout the day. I just fill up two rubber bowls with feed and there’s usually some left at the end of the day that I then store away for the night. No matter how much feed you put in front of chickens they won’t overeat!
Okay!

Back
Top Bottom