How reliable are automatic coop doors?

Pics
I have the farmlite chicken door and it sometimes shuts, even though its not the time I put in. Just the other day, it shut at 3 PM, when it is scheduled for 8 PM. I do not know the reason for this
Make sure you convert the time correctly from 12 hour time to 24 hour time. From Midnight to Noon the hours are in 12 hour format, from Noon to Midnight the hours just go up one digit every hour. I'm mathematically challenged so my list is my guide! I also keep a pdf of it on the cloud so I can access it with my cell phone if needed.
If that isn't the problem reach out to FarmLite - they're great with support!

I like the ADOR1 and that it has the Last Call feature but to me I really don't see the point. Most chickens, that don't make it the first time, will usually decide to go find selter as high as possible and won't sit there in front of the door just in case it opens back up.
I understand that. When I was setting up my chicken trailer, I placed the door in the front of the trailer so the tongue area could serve as a little "deck" for them to hang out on if they couldn't get into the coop. Not sure if that's how it'll shake out, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

That sucks. But you should get them fixed for free if you have a warranty.
Which brand and type ?

BTW, I have been reading most ‘up and down’ auto doors are too easy to open for racoons.
Thank you for telling me that. I wouldn't put it past raccoons. Will be boarding them up then. I would hate to hurt a man's business by naming them by name especially since he is working with us I think. We shall see. You really threw me on the up and down door comment. Thank you, thank you

One thing I don’t understand about automatic doors is who’s to say all the chickens went inside before the door closes? What if the door closes and a few weren’t ready to go inside? They’re stuck outside ?
My Pullet-Shut door has a cool "second chance" feature that helps. 90 seconds after the door closes in the evening, it reopens briefly, then closes for the night.

Back
Top Bottom