How to clip turkeys wings???

Dec 17, 2017
North Carolina
Hello everyone like the title says I need to clip my turkeys wings because they are jumping over the fence and sleeping on our can and pooping all over our porch I was scared to clip their wings because I have only ever clipped chickens wing feathers never turkeys so it might be almost exactly the same but I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Hello everyone like the title says I need to clip my turkeys wings because they are jumping over the fence and sleeping on our can and pooping all over our porch I was scared to clip their wings because I have only ever clipped chickens wing feathers never turkeys so it might be almost exactly the same but I just wanted to make sure, thanks!
It is the same as clipping chicken wings. Just clip one wing. If they are "jumping" over the fence, don't expect clipping their wings to have any effect on their jumping ability.

We clipped ours just like we do chickens.
Their feathers are a lot tougher so I used some snips used for thin metal but have used scissors but don't try it with dull or flimsy ones. Makes it a pain.

Back
Top Bottom