How to control flies in coop?

Fly paper at your local tractor supply is does the trick. Be sure to put it up on the walls so the chickens don’t get stuck on it. My hens love picking flys off the fly paper. Also try cleaning out your coop. I know it in more humid places here in Texas even the house can get flys, but cleaning the coop can’t hurt nothing.
This caught a lot a flies...kept it to the side, saw feathers on it...guess someone got too close:), but it did catch a lot and I just hung a new one in its place. I also tried a new sticky trap I found at Lowes that uses patterns to visually attract the flies and this actually caught a lot as well. Thanks for the tip.

I currently already use DE but added the fly traps (the ribbon kind and a newer one I found at lowes that uses patterns and colors to visually attract flies) and both have caught a lot. Then I bought one at Tractor Supply that you add water too...in a few days it really didn't catch anything and I wasn't impressed but now the thing is full...I like it the best! Thanks to all who have responded...I still have flies but much more under control.

Back
Top Bottom