How to increase egg weight

Hello , my chikens are 22 week old now any i have started selling egg but my customers said the egg should be bigger. Any suggestions on how i can increase the egg weight?
What kind of chickens do you have? Egg size is usually based on breed, and since yours just started laying it’s normal to get small eggs. They should get larger as they grow and their reproductive systems work out all the kinks. But again, this depends on the breed.

Hello , my chikens are 22 week old now any i have started selling egg but my customers said the egg should be bigger. Any suggestions on how i can increase the egg weight?
When chickens begin to lay the eggs are smaller.
They may take days, or weeks... or months..... to get larger.

Not sure how they grade eggs in Ethiopia...but this is what I use:

And I sell cartons by weight, adding enough eggs to make the 'large' weight.
full

eggs usually get larger after their first cycle. but different breeds lay different sizes.

if your customers are complaining let them go elsewhere like the grocery store where they can buy factory eggs sorted by size.

Or just stick with a large egg breed. If this is a business for you then pick an efficient breed. If it's a hobby and eggs sales are a side thing then so what as long as you like your choice of chickens

What kind of chickens do you have? Egg size is usually based on breed, and since yours just started laying it’s normal to get small eggs. They should get larger as they grow and their reproductive systems work out all the kinks. But again, this depends on the breed.
They are bovan browns. I kinda figured that but wanted to make sure i did the right things for them as they grow

There is also variation within a breed too. I have three Black Australorps. One consistently lays the smallest egg. One usually lays the largest egg. They are almost a year old and had a partial molt and stopped laying over the winter. Their eggs are larger now than they were last summer when they started laying.
Mine are only 22 weeks old and i will sell them before they molt which is after a year then get a new batch

When chickens begin to lay the eggs are smaller.
They may take days, or weeks... or months..... to get larger.

Not sure how they grade eggs in Ethiopia...but this is what I use:

And I sell cartons by weight, adding enough eggs to make the 'large' weight.
full
Yeah ur right becaus in just 2 weeks i have seen a major difference. The frist egg eas 38 grams but now 75%eggs are in the 40's and the rest are 50's so i think am averaging 45 which is the small size according to your chart(which i must say is quite helpfull) . And about selling part we sell using tray which have 30 egg and usually people just judge by they eyes nuthing else. Since we have to type of eggs , local chickens eggs which are not genetically modified all natural breed which are very tasty and are very yellow when made into scrambled egg but very small in size and the other one is the foreign breeds like the ones i have less tasty but bigger in size. The local eggs are more expensive

eggs usually get larger after their first cycle. but different breeds lay different sizes.

if your customers are complaining let them go elsewhere like the grocery store where they can buy factory eggs sorted by size.

Or just stick with a large egg breed. If this is a business for you then pick an efficient breed. If it's a hobby and eggs sales are a side thing then so what as long as you like your choice of chickens
It is a business for me and the breed has a good size egg its just my chickens are young i guess but i love your motto tho"let them go elsewhere "😎😎

Back
Top Bottom