Humidity dropped to 22% on hatch day, some chicks stuck(rescued) Outcome of other eggs is ????

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Question for the hatching experts. I've been out of town since Friday, hubby didn't know to check the humidity on the incubator. When I got home it was 22%, the hose got kinked and the water couldn't get to the reservoir. Here's issue #1 I had some eggs due to hatch yesterday, 3 had pipped and gotten stuck because of the humidity. I got them out and all is well, do I try to open the other eggs or assume they are dead?

Issue #2 I had another batch of eggs go on lockdown yesterday, are those eggs in danger of not hatching because of the humidity? I know the humidity was correct on friday morning.

Issue #3 I have eggs at various stages, (I am staggering my hatches) do we know how the humidity drop affected them?

These are my current hatch dates on all eggs.
3/26
3/28
4/9
4/15
4/20
4/22
4/24

Remember that humidity isn't a set number. You are trying to accomplish two things.

Achieve a weight loss of about 12% weight loss from fresh to hatch.

Have high enough humidity at pipping to prevent shrink wrapping.

Day to day humidity isn't a concern. In nature, humidity can vary dramatically. Lets say it is very arid for a few days and then a two day thunderstorm comes. What do you think that does to the RH%?

Remember that humidity isn't a set number. You are trying to accomplish two things.

Achieve a weight loss of about 12% weight loss from fresh to hatch.

Have high enough humidity at pipping to prevent shrink wrapping.

Day to day humidity isn't a concern. In nature, humidity can vary dramatically. Lets say it is very arid for a few days and then a two day thunderstorm comes. What do you think that does to the RH%?
Good to know! I'm relatively new to hatching so any new info is appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom