Hypoallergenic Dogs ??

Caution with poodles and schnauzers even properly groomed these breeds set off my allergies. The one dog that I didn't have a reaction to was an Italian Greyhound I met one day. After a few encounters with no reactions it made me want one. I went to look into getting one for myself and had issues at the local breeders place. I went back to the lady wondering why I didn't have a reaction to her dog. She happens to pamper her pet by grooming it weekly. So it can really depend on more than just the breed.

Now my DH wants an LGD so we are in the same boat as trying to find a dog big enough that I am not allergic too that he gets to groom frequently.

Caution with poodles and schnauzers even properly groomed these breeds set off my allergies. The one dog that I didn't have a reaction to was an Italian Greyhound I met one day. After a few encounters with no reactions it made me want one. I went to look into getting one for myself and had issues at the local breeders place. I went back to the lady wondering why I didn't have a reaction to her dog. She happens to pamper her pet by grooming it weekly. So it can really depend on more than just the breed.

Now my DH wants an LGD so we are in the same boat as trying to find a dog big enough that I am not allergic too that he gets to groom frequently.

You REALLY need to look at the last date on a post before posting. This thread has long since died, the last post being made in 2009, over four years ago.

Back
Top Bottom