I accidentally sold someone 7 male chicks

I brought the chicks bought to the meeting space. It was too risky for biosecurity and far too time consuming to bring all the chicks every single time
Yeah, mine are all pretty fast by about 2 weeks, which is why I can't let the buyer pick what they want. I might not be able to catch those.

This morning, I bought 6 bantam EE chicks from a hatchery that holds traveling chick days events at local feed stores. They hatched yesterday, he said. There are 2 that are bigger, bolder, and rush up to my hand. I’ll see how the behavior theory holds with this bunch. IMG_4861.jpeg

It's okay to offer reimbursement to one unhappy customer if you think it's the right thing to do. Did they send you pics of the 7 obvious roosters?
Yeahhh they sent me a pic of the 7 roosters and 1 hen, all in one coop. omg that poor hen.

They didn't ask for a refund, and I'm not sure $20 would help. I considered offering a free hen from my own flock, but that's still a bad situation.

It's easy to say "Have a plan for roosters", but buyers tend to be overly optimistic. Been there, done that :oops:

Yeahhh they sent me a pic of the 7 roosters and 1 hen, all in one coop. omg that poor hen.

They didn't ask for a refund, and I'm not sure $20 would help. I considered offering a free hen from my own flock, but that's still a bad situation.

It's easy to say "Have a plan for roosters", but buyers tend to be overly optimistic. Been there, done that :oops:
I figured out quickly to buy sexed pullets. It's a lot easier to rehome one or two accidental roos than 7. I decided that if I was going to hatch my own birds, I had to be okay with eating any roosters I couldn't rehome. That's one of the challenging parts of chicken keeping.

Right! I still haven't replied to their text message about the 7 males. If I say, "You know what straight run means, don't you?"
I would say, ‘Oh no!!!’ And that ‘There’s just no way to know in advance, so sorry to hear.‘ And find an appropriate contrite looking emoji….😟 I like @FunClucks suggested replies in post #19.

Back
Top Bottom