I adopted a stray cat, now what?

Get her spayed whether she is an indoor cat or an indoor/outdoor cat. You will both be a lot happier. Make sure she can get to the litter box without being bothered by the dog. Do not have food and water dishes near the litter box. If you have trouble with the dog snacking in the litter box (some dogs will, some dogs won't) you can get a covered top entry litter box. The cat can get in but the dog can't. I got mine on amazon but there are videos on youtube on how to make one yourself. Don't get those scented perfumy litters. Most cats hate them. I use a clumping litter unscented litter and it works quite well.

Get her spayed whether she is an indoor cat or an indoor/outdoor cat. You will both be a lot happier. Make sure she can get to the litter box without being bothered by the dog. Do not have food and water dishes near the litter box. If you have trouble with the dog snacking in the litter box (some dogs will, some dogs won't) you can get a covered top entry litter box. The cat can get in but the dog can't. I got mine on amazon but there are videos on youtube on how to make one yourself. Don't get those scented perfumy litters. Most cats hate them. I use a clumping litter unscented litter and it works quite well.
My dog is a small dog that doesn't do any of that and they get along well. But my dog is still wondering how the cat can do many things she can't do and that makes her bother the cat. Thanks for the info!

Attachments

• IMG_20191211_172621.jpg
    IMG_20191211_172621.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom