I am getting an incubator and want to know the outcome

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
I have one breeding rooster a lavender orp and I have 4 or 5 layers. I’m getting an incubator for Christmas and come spring I’ll hatch some babies. But I kind of want to know what I’ll get. I only have two roosters and one is too young to breed but come spring he might mate he is a French black copper maran and a beautiful one at that. I would like to see if any of you have FBCM mixes or a breeder quality mixed with a hatchery quality. These are my hens and I know who lays the eggs except my barred rocks and Dominuque who I know all lay but the eggs are too similar. So here are my hens:

2 Barred Plymouth rocks

1 Dominque

1 greyish blue Easter Egger

2 Black copper Marans 1 breeder quality other hatchery quality

1 Buff Orpington

I can tell you that a cross between a Black Copper Maran male and a Barred Rock female will give you a Dominant Copper (aka Rustic Rambler, Dominant Copper Marans, or Mystic Marans), or more generally a Black Sex Link.
Anything crossed with an Easter Egger will produce another Easter Egger. I’m not knowledgeable enough to help you with the other crosses.

My niece has a beautiful gray and black cochin and she hatched her hens eggs she has a Barred rock and 4 hatched one is a beautiful silver/gray 2 are black and one looks just like a barred rocks. From what I have read if you have a BR hen and a different breed roo the male baby babies will have the hens feathering and the female babies will not. This seems to be true hers are 8 weeks old on Friday and the one that looks like a BR is a male and the other 3 of solid colors are female. The pic attached is the baby I am speaking about. He was all black when he hatched.

Attachments

• IMG_20231231_144345471_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20231231_144345471_PORTRAIT.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 3
I now have 2 roosters ones a lavender orp and one Maran and 8 laying hens 1 maran, 1 mixed maran, 2 barred rocks, 1 Dominique, 1 speckled Sussex, 1 Easter egger that lays blue eggs,and 1 buff orp

Back
Top Bottom