I am getting to many eggs!

This feed is perfect.
I would stop feeding them everything else that you feed and only feed this bag of feed which is a complete balanced diet for them.

Every time you feed something other than this bag of feed you are taking away from them getting a balanced diet.
Ok that sounds perfect, thank you so much for all the help today.

I believe it was Sunday when we got seven eggs then the next day we got 4 then 9. My chickens are eating layers feed,mealworms, grass and clovers and they do some digging so maybe some worms and bugs. Do you have time I would give them some kind of fruit to eat. I think that we got five hard eggs and four soft.

Our first chicken started laying around 19-20 weeks, the other chickens took a couple weeks after to start. I believe all of my chickens are laying and I go outside about 10 to 20 times daily and I checked the nesting boxes then.

So you are not getting 9 (or so) eggs each day? On the 4 egg day, someone could have laid after your last check for the day, which was then counted on the 9 egg day. They then laid again on the 9 egg day.

That's what I first thought, but I would lock them in the coop around 8:30 to 9 and they would be up on the perches. In the morning the eggs are either in the nesting boxes or on the ground.

For calcium in the meantime, until you try oyster shells, you can dry out rinsed and broken egg shells in a warm oven and crush those and just toss them into the run for them to consume at will.
Yeah I have heard about that, I did order some oyster shells so they will be here soon. I might try their own egg shells sometime while I am waiting.

Back
Top Bottom