I can’t tell if, prolapse vent, or egg bound. Pictures

A calcium citrate +D if you have it, that will help with contractions to help her pass it. If you don't have that, then a couple of tums will still help. Break them up and give in pieces, or grind and mix in a small amount of something she will eat (if she will). For Calcium citrate it's usually 800 mg, if you have the petites (400mg) then give two. If it's a broken egg, it can be very hard to pass, the lack of a hard, solid object, gives the muscles less to push on. A warm epsom salts bath can help relax them and also help with passing it. You do need to make sure she's completely dry after wards. I would keep her in a warm, quiet, low light or dark place overnight.
Ok I bought some epson salt, and I got the only calcium citrate at the store. It was petite +d, 400 mg. just want to make sure i read it right, I give her 2 of the petite tablets with some food? She is so tiny, And hates water. Any advice how to get her to stay in the water for a soak? I’m always so leary with bantam breeds

Ok I bought some epson salt, and I got the only calcium citrate at the store. It was petite +d, 400 mg. just want to make sure i read it right, I give her 2 of the petite tablets with some food? She is so tiny, And hates water. Any advice how to get her to stay in the water for a soak? I’m always so leary with bantam breeds
Yes, give her 2 of the petite tablets now.

If soaking her will stress her out a lot, then opt to place her in steamed up bathroom or provide her with a warmed towel as previously mentioned or you can provide a heating pad on low (cover it with an old towel) just make sure she's got room and is able to move from the heat.

Yes, give her 2 of the petite tablets now.

If soaking her will stress her out a lot, then opt to place her in steamed up bathroom or provide her with a warmed towel as previously mentioned or you can provide a heating pad on low (cover it with an old towel) just make sure she's got room and is able to move from the heat.
Sounds perfect and thank you. I just finished giving her calcium and surprisingly she let me soak her bottom for 10 mins. It is still a little swollen but doesn’t look as bad. She is wanting to roost instead of go in her box I made for her. She is standing up on the warm towels. She sits then stands then repeat.

Thank you everyone, I’m hoping she will pass whatever it is tonight.

Attachments

• 8A2E5279-A487-4D9E-81A0-FA8740EF547E.jpeg
    8A2E5279-A487-4D9E-81A0-FA8740EF547E.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 15CF501E-041B-4D3F-8843-F2049CE58AEE.jpeg
    15CF501E-041B-4D3F-8843-F2049CE58AEE.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 348F4D31-164B-438A-82D4-9B0B10F6A3C8.jpeg
    348F4D31-164B-438A-82D4-9B0B10F6A3C8.jpeg
    565.9 KB · Views: 11
Update:

She laid an egg last night. The egg had calcium deposits on it and no blood. The egg looks normal. Is there anything else I should do? I have her separated. Is wet cat food good for protein and calcium? I have her in our house where it was warm, and she keeps stealing the cats food hahaa, so she is definitely looking like she feels better back to her normal self.

Glad she's feeling better! A normal egg is a good sign for sure. I would give her calcium for another day or two, and then just keep an eye on her. Sometimes it's just a glitch. Hopefully she won't have consistent problems. Cat food is usually good for protein, calcium depends on the food, the label should give that info.

Back
Top Bottom