I disapprove of a friends horse keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is terrible to have a talented horse wasting away. But at least he's not starving or anything. We have neighbors down the road that used to have 2 lovely paints and a bay. The one paint was a young stud. He was beautiful ! All fire and energy. They spent a lot of money buying him. They had a paint mare too. She was very dainty looking. Well they had two beautiful paint fillies, they were gorgeous. They ran out of money and stopped taking care of the horses. They pasture grew up in weeds and dog fennel. And that's all the horses had to eat. They started looking very bony and the people didn't even brush them anymore. They finally sold the sire for a fraction of what they got him for. The mare died and they sold the foals when they were about 3. They ruined those horses. The bay was the last one they had. It had a disease but they never did anything for it . They didn't even ride their horses. And their horses could break out of the fence. We helped put in their horses quite a few times. I don't understand how some people can be so cruel.

It is terrible to have a talented horse wasting away. But at least he's not starving or anything. We have neighbors down the road that used to have 2 lovely paints and a bay. The one paint was a young stud. He was beautiful ! All fire and energy. They spent a lot of money buying him. They had a paint mare too. She was very dainty looking. Well they had two beautiful paint fillies, they were gorgeous. They ran out of money and stopped taking care of the horses. They pasture grew up in weeds and dog fennel. And that's all the horses had to eat. They started looking very bony and the people didn't even brush them anymore. They finally sold the sire for a fraction of what they got him for. The mare died and they sold the foals when they were about 3. They ruined those horses. The bay was the last one they had. It had a disease but they never did anything for it . They didn't even ride their horses. And their horses could break out of the fence. We helped put in their horses quite a few times. I don't understand how some people can be so cruel.
Sounds like they were doing good and something major happened in their life. It is a shame neighbors don't stand up for each other anymore and help when the other is struggling. I do miss the old times.

Sounds like they were doing good and something major happened in their life. It is a shame neighbors don't stand up for each other anymore and help when the other is struggling. I do miss the old times.
Yes they were. Their daughter died. All of a sudden they just disconnected from everyone. People tried to help but they wouldn't let us. They were very nice before that happened. then they just changed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom