I Fattened the Goats :(

No, Valbazen only treats worms.

Does she still have mites?

How are you figuring the earliest possible conception date? Because you say she's been living with a buckling, and I've read that they can mature quite young. I've also read of breedings happening through a fence. So pregnant but farther along might be an explanation.

A google search tells me that pregnancy testing for goats is possible. I also found this article with lots of photos of goats with big bellies but not pregnant: http://tiramarhomestead.com/2016/01/is-my-goat-pregnant-detecting-pregnancy-in-goats/

Because our buckling arrived 8/31
:)
At least that's something helpful lol.

Big belly can be from bloat, pregnancy, worms, or what's called a hay belly, which in goats is good because it reflects a good rumen.

Do you keep baking soda available free choice? It can help prevent digestive upsets.

Your goat doesn't look wormy or rough, so it's probably not that.

The little goat breeds can carry multiple kids. I've gotten as many as 5 out of one doe, but generally 2-3 is normal. Have you noticed any mammary development or looser in rear? At some point you can gently bump kids with a fist on the right side I believe. You can generally feel the heads, but it may be a bit too soon to feel yet at 3 months. Time will tell if she's pregnant.

When goats consume a lot of hay they develop a big rumen which is storage area for roughage until the goat can chew it's cud later. A belly can get bigger when a goat is eating more hay. You said you feed a hay stretcher, I have no clue what that is.

Last edited:
Big belly can be from bloat, pregnancy, worms, or what's called a hay belly, which in goats is good because it reflects a good rumen.

Do you keep baking soda available free choice? It can help prevent digestive upsets.

Your goat doesn't look wormy or rough, so it's probably not that.

The little goat breeds can carry multiple kids. I've gotten as many as 5 out of one doe, but generally 2-3 is normal. Have you noticed any mammary development or looser in rear? At some point you can gently bump kids with a fist on the right side I believe. You can generally feel the heads, but it may be a bit too soon to feel yet at 3 months. Time will tell if she's pregnant.

When goats consume a lot of hay they develop a big rumen which is storage area for roughage until the goat can chew it's cud later. A belly can get bigger when a goat is eating more hay. You said you feel a hay stretcher, I have no clue what that is.
:wee

Hmm, so you're thinking she may be better off now than worser for wear?
That pasture certainly burns up our hay lol. West pasture goats eat 1/3 what East does, she's currently in East.

Her udder is in process of "unbagging". Idk how else to say that lol. Since she was officially dried off in October. The milk stand pic was maybe her second to last milking.

5 kids to sell sure sounds nice lol! Let's hope!

That goat does not look at all obese to me. She just looks like she is in good condition. Here are some signs you can look for to see if she may be pregnant. Please understand that goats do not read the books. If she is pregnant her vulva will probably look a little puffy. Stand behind the goat and look where the udder joins the body. You will first see changes in the udder there if she is pregnant. Also the abdomen gets deeper as pregnancy progresses.

What the lady I bought my goats from told me - and she's been at this for decades - is that bucklings can breed their mom and everything else- as young as 6-8 weeks of age. And get them pregnant. No foolies. For real. So if she's been living with a buckling - I'd say you've got kids coming.

Back
Top Bottom