I feel so guilty

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
Well, I have my pen/run almost finished, finished enuff that I could put the girls out in it today anyhow, and still bring them inside tonite.

Anyone reading my posts before might remember my neurotic chicken, Fussy. (I have two, almost 11 weeks now). Well, I left them out all day, and took a nap....then I went to the dollar store with dh. Mom was home and the chicks/teens were right outside her window. She said they paced the run like prisoners, poor things.
Well she said, soon as I came home, they started raising a fuss and hollering. I let them out soon after and we were out for about 20 minutes, then I led them back inside the house.
Well, Fussy was TICKED, HURT, and UPSET. I had LEFT her ALONE MOST of the DAY! She cried and carried on and wanted to sit on my shoulder, for about TWO hours. I felt so guilty, after she had scolded me nonstop.
She wouldnt stop crying, so finally I put her to bed, (in their box) and thats where she wanted to be, like a kid crying herself to sleep. She usually HATES being put to bed. But right now I guess it was a comfort thang to her. She is just too intelligent for her own good. She got Red all stirred up too. Red is a good chicken, a lil mean to Fussy now and again, but she never misbehaves, she doesnt really have much of a brain in her head. Fussy on the other hand, I think I could really teach her stuff, she is smart, but a whiner and totally neurotic/skittish. I should have called her Chicken Little cuz she DOES think the sky is falling all the time.
I couldnt even to get Fussy to eat grapes and she loves grapes. She was crying so hard I felt awful. She whines just like a puppy.
I am just not sure what to do with a chicken like that, she needs as much attention as a darned parrot!
Its gonna be HARD putting them out, they have become so totally spoiled that she does NOT think she is a chicken. And she cries for me all the time, is this normal for a 11 weeker? Shouldnt she be growing up a lil by now? I love her to pieces but sometimes I just dont know how to get her to stop crying. Tonite even tho I was home, she just wouldnt stop, she was just soooo upset.
I wished I had gotten some of that rescue remedy now...
lol.png
We BOTH needed it!

Jill

Oh my! How cute...and yet not cute at the same time! LOL It is going to be a total bummer for you and her to put them out in the coop full time. Poor you. It may take a few days, out in the coop, but she will adapt..im sure. She has you WRAPPED!!
gig.gif

justusnak,
Yes she does have me "wrapped". Mom says she has never seen anything like it, the bird definitely thinks she is a "house" chicken. Poor mom, she is 82 and said she NEVER had a bird this age in her house before...they had CHICKS til they were old enuff to put outside, but...she is horrified yet fascinated!
lol.png

She keeps tellin them "If you would just stop pooping for a bit, I would feed you, but until you stop, your NOT gettin anything!"
roll.png

Awwww, too cute. Your mom sounds so sweet. I know my mother comes out to our place alot. She will be 69 June 17th. She was out here yesterday, and was in the chicken yard with me...just watching the chickens peck around and play. She said...." When I hit the lottery, I am moveing out here, to help you with all these chickens" She lives in town now, and I know she just misses the farm life so much. If it wasnt for her DH ( and I dont mean dear) I would move her in here now. However...when I had the babies in the garage..she would always "encourage me" to get them " outside where they belong" LOL

Back
Top Bottom