I got Chicken Problems! Help. Broody Hen & Not Laying

Update:

Chicka White has broke her broodiness. When I got home last night she was very antsy to get out of Broody Jail and then slept with the other. She came out and about this AM wiht the crew and was back to her normal self. YAY!! :yesss:

Edgar... Not so much. 😡 She was pissed that the nesting boxes where unavailable to her last night and threw a fit. She was soo loud. Then she decided to nest under the sleeping chickens and got pooped on... Is it ok to bath chickens? Cause she needs one....

Edgar... Not so much. 😡 She was pissed that the nesting boxes where unavailable to her last night and threw a fit. She was soo loud. Then she decided to nest under the sleeping chickens and got pooped on... Is it ok to bath chickens? Cause she needs one....
I would put her in the broody jail, and see if she cleans herself up over the next few days. She probably will.

Yes, it is possible to bathe a chicken, but it usually is not needed. They do a good job cleaning themselves.

I would put her in the broody jail, and see if she cleans herself up over the next few days. She probably will.

Yes, it is possible to bathe a chicken, but it usually is not needed. They do a good job cleaning themselves.

My only concerns is that she is Silkie and its kinda matted in her fur. If she was covered in feathers I wouldn't be concerned. But is its two big chunks between her shoulders directly behind her neck between her wings....

I will keep an eye on her.

Update:

Chicka White has broke her broodiness. When I got home last night she was very antsy to get out of Broody Jail and then slept with the other. She came out and about this AM wiht the crew and was back to her normal self. YAY!! :yesss:

Day 5 of trying to bread my broody silkie “Cream Cheese” she is also sitting in a separate coop and I let her out every day to exercise she seems less broody every day but not just yet.

Back
Top Bottom