i locked my neighbours chicken up with mine

chickenlady2004

Songster
Aug 16, 2023
hi everyone so kinda funny story i have for everyone tonight.

i accidentally locked my neighbours chicken up with my chickens (they hang out all the time and when i went to put them away i guess one of theirs snuck in) it’s 11pm here and i went out to check on them before i went to bed, because we’re having a bad thunder storm. and realized i had an extra chicken. she’s sleeping and cuddling up with the other hens, would it be ok if i left her for the night? i would hate to throw her out in this weather, and the neighbors are gone to bed and haven’t seemed to notice their missing chicken.
anyways, thanks! she’s the same age as my chcikens and they are all getting along but just wanted to double check

i accidentally locked my neighbours chicken up with my chickens (they hang out all the time and when i went to put them away i guess one of theirs snuck in) it’s 11pm here and i went out to check on them before i went to bed, because we’re having a bad thunder storm. and realized i had an extra chicken. she’s sleeping and cuddling up with the other hens, would it be ok if i left her for the night? i would hate to throw her out in this weather, and the neighbors are gone to bed and haven’t seemed to notice their missing chicken.
anyways, thanks! she’s the same age as my chcikens and they are all getting along but just wanted to double check
She’ll be totally fine with her friends for the night. 😊 You may have some trouble sending her home in the morning though…. LOL.

Leave her be. She's perfectly fine where she is... I would maybe be out at first light to check on her in case there's any (this new girl is here... Why?) drama happening but sounds like she's with friends doing a sleepover/slumber party.

If they regularly hang out and they're already roosting, personally I'd let it be until the morning. The only worry I'd have with a random new chicken turning up in/around my flock would be communiable things of the sort you'd normally quarantine for with a new bird, but since the flocks hang out around each other regularly anyway then its not really that sort of situation. If for some reason you need to remove her, please don't just put her outside - keep her protected from the weather and predators somehow.

Back
Top Bottom